09 September 2007

Have I mentioned that it's fall here?

This is something I've been thinking about for about two weeks. Ever since I started waking up to cool mornings. You know, the kind where the air is crisp and refreshing, but you only need a sweater for a couple hours, until the sun comes and warms your face. Yeah.

Fall is my favorite season and I've missed it so for the past couple of years out in Berkeley. We got to Minnesota at the tail end of it last year, but there's nothing like the change of seasons. Fall always makes me think of school (obviously), but it's been a few years since I've been headed back to school at this time of year. With no real change in my schedule at this time, I've paid closer attention to that actual seasonal change. The different flowers that are blooming at the end of the summer, the change in the weather, new foods available locally-there were apples at the farmer's market yesterday! As I watched the steam rising up out of market-goers' coffee cups, I knew fall was really here. And the time to begin slowing down from the business of summer has arrived.

So, I sadly have no fall photos to show- as leaves have not yet turned and I didn't even bring the camera to the market yesterday (darn!). But I can tell you that as I sit here typing, it is grey and cold outside and a bit rainy. And I'm listening to the rustle of the slowly yellowing leaves as they blow in the wind.

Jared and I are leaving for New York tonight for a bit of family and friend time, celebrating Rosh Hashanah, and just a much-needed getaway. Oh yeah, and of course hitting my favorite fabric and yarn stores! There may be a post or two from NYC, but if not, I'll see you all in a week!

2 comments:

  1. OOooooh please go to Purl for me, please please! Happy trip, vacation, et cetera...safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! It was only 98 here today so I think Fall is in the air too :)

    ReplyDelete