23 November 2009

and we're painting

This weekend my parents came to town. And for the first time in the month (!) since we moved into our house we got around to going to the paint store. Even though we chose a paint brand that doesn't have a very wide variety of colors, I was at a loss for what to do. Having my mom here to crack the whip a little and help us make some decisions...I think that was just what we needed.

It would be an understatement to say that the previous owners had, um, bad taste. We're in the process of covering up some lime green in my studio/the tv room, neon green in a bedroom, lavender in Jared's studio, turquoise and brown in our bedroom, and pastel pink and blue in the hallway. Frankly, I've been feeling a little bit like we're living in an easter egg for the past few weeks.

Jared is so busy that he barely has time to work on house projects right now (of which there are more than a few, though nothing super huge) so after we bought the paint for his studio (which was the first room to be painted) and he got motivated to paint on Saturday night after we got home from a delicious dinner that had put me in a major food coma, well, I took advantage of his motivation and we dove right in. We finished painting the room last night and I could not be more excited. Even though it's just his studio and I won't really be spending very much time in that room, having the room look how we want it to look (not to mention getting that hideous lavender off the walls), well, it just is starting to feel more and more like home. And that's always a good feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha!!! I just commented that I certainly would have kept that purple-lavendar... funny, tastes.
    So happy to paint a new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so refreshing to put a new coat of paint on the walls!
    It really makes the place feel like your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It's great to start making a place really your own. But, wait- wasn't this your grandma's house? Are you saying she had bad taste? ;)

    I'm _so_ jealous of you (a house!!!) and happy for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are funny. i would have to paint over that color too, i'm afraid. but i feel like you might be dissing on the purple people a little too harshly! just kidding. it's nice to meet you through your blog and flickr. i really enjoyed your photos! and your humor. that's a sure winner for reeling me in. congrats on your new home, too.

    heather

    ReplyDelete