04 November 2007

Inspiration:: new music

So I was having a crappy Saturday morning. You know, just your average funk. It was so beautiful outside, though, and after reading Amanda's post the other day, I decided I needed to get out of the house. And I also decided, that I needed some new tunes to cheer me up. So I hopped on the bike, let the crisp autumn air wake me up and flow through my lungs, and headed straight to the Electric Fetus.

I love music. Not the making of it, just the listening to. I also love MPR- and sometimes I get into a rut of just listening to the news or whatever's on the talk station at the time, even if it's not a show I'm particularly interested in. I just get used to the background noise. But, recently, I'm getting out of this and listening to more straight music. It's much better for the creative wheels. So what did I get yesterday? Iron and Wine: The Shepherd's Dog, St. Vincent: Marry Me, Rilo Kiley: Under the Blacklight, Feist: Open Season (okay, I thought I was getting the new Feist, but, well, mistakes happen- it's still a good one).

Yeah, and here's how I spent the rest of the day. Feeling much better now.


3 comments:

  1. Those look like wonderful comfort items. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to remember this for the next time I have a funk (if, but it happens). You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am thanks felicia-

    sarah- yeah, music, definitely the best way to get me in a better mood. (and some nice knitting and fresh baked bread helps too)

    ReplyDelete