02 November 2007

Peaceful Mornings

What else would you do if you woke up an hour before your alarm went off?

These are the easiest little muffins to whip up and so yummy (oh yeah, and they're pretty healthy too), that it's a wonder I don't make them more often. I just love having slow mornings and not having that feeling of inhaling my breakfast and racing out the door. I think I inherited this from my dad big time. And now, when it's still completely pitch dark at 7am, there's something so peaceful about that time of day.

Here's my recipe for the muffins, give them a try and let me know what you think! Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Hearty Raisin Vegan Muffins
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour

3 tbl ground flax seed

1 1/4 tsp baking soda

1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup applesauce

1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup oatmilk (or soy or ricemilk, etc.)

a bunch of raisins

a bunch of chopped walnuts

brown sugar for topping.


Preheat oven to 375. Mix together all dry ingredients (flours, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt). Add in the wet ingredients (applesauce, maple syrup, oatmilk). Mix well. Add in raisins and nuts- as many as you want. Pour into greased muffin tin (should make about 12 muffins). Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool. Eat. Enjoy the peaceful morning (preferably with some coffee too).


3 comments:

  1. You mean other than go back to sleep? :)
    Fell into your blog from your comment in Soulemama.
    I'll visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to make these for a snack to eat at class. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL That looks like a great way to spend an extra hour :)

    ReplyDelete