30 March 2008

Quick and easy

I love quick and easy projects. Ever since I've bought all this fabric recently, I've been having a bit of craft block. I have so many ideas for projects: new bags and zippy pouches, aprons, shirts, dresses, skirts, etc, etc, etc. But somehow, I'm just having trouble nailing down what fabric to use for what project, and just getting on with it. I'm making progress though. I've picked a couple of more straightforward projects and I'm just working on one at a time, hoping that the inspiration returns.

In the meantime, here's one of those straightforward projects. Ever since I saw this tutorial over at the Purl Bee, I knew I needed to make this. At the time, I had two friends having babies and I knew at least one of them would get this as a present. One of these friends has since had her baby, and little Penninah will be the lucky recipient of this cozy hooded towel.

Can I tell you how hard it is to take a photo of a baby hooded towel without a baby to model it. I tried to model it myself, thinking I could at least get a semi cute shot. I won't subject you to those. The hood is clearly too small for me and let's just say, it wasn't cute. Anyways, this project is super easy and probably would have only taken about an hour or so (I can't say for sure since I was-happily-interrupted by a few phone calls) and I would definitely recommend it for a quick baby shower present.

In any case, I did get a couple of other projects done today that I'll share with you all later this week. (Remember that blog giveaway I had, um, over a month ago? Yeah, those will finally get mailed this week. Sorry Emily, Kelly, and Melissa, they're coming soon!)

I also want to announce that I've posted a number of sale items over at my shop. I'll be putting some more up throughout the week, but I'm hoping to clear out my "studio" of some of these items to make room for new spring items. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I can imagine your struggle with trying to model it. I often have a hard time deciding how to photograph things. It turned out cute :)

    ReplyDelete