01 April 2008

one day at a time.

Back in January, I noticed a whole lot of bloggers and flickrers starting a "photo a day" thing. I almost hopped on the bandwagon, but then thought better and decided not to. Although improving my photography is definitely one of my goals for this year, I wasn't at all ready for the kind of commitment that a photo a day takes. I thought maybe I'd do it next year, or start it at some later date in the year (like maybe my birthday, that gives me plenty of time!). Then I noticed a flickr group for "a photo a day a month" just a one month at a time thing, sort of like Amanda did earlier this year. Not that I need a flickr group to do something, but it's a good motivator.

March seemed too busy (and too soon), so here we are. April 1, 2008. A new start. The snow is melting (again). I got a new haircut, some new clothes, and I'm ready for a new project. I have no plans to turn this into a photo-only blog and I don't even know if I'll be posting every photo for this project in this space, but you can find them in my flickr set, if you're interested. I'm going to do my best to keep up with the one a day thing. But we'll just see how it goes. I'm excited to continue documenting my life this way, it's already been really fun to look back at this blog and my flickr page over the last year or so and reminisce.

{By the way, I didn't buy that shirt. Just so you know. The bottom photo is what I bought::two shirts, a pair of pants, and some sweet argyle knee socks. Yum.}

3 comments:

  1. oh, I see, a month. Well, if you are like me, you will see that a month is not enough. It took me a few weeks to get comfortable (but I never had a camera before) and after it is just so much fun. I try to take a picture that represents my day. I find it easier like that. Have fun xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. the haircut is super cute! looking forward to seeing your month of photos. (my advice? give yourself permission, if you miss a day, to make it ok. otherwise, you can't win.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so cute!
    i can't wait to see your april photos!

    ReplyDelete