13 January 2010

for people with short hair


or not. A lovely lady I know recently chopped off a whole bunch of her hair, and it occurred to me that her neck might be cold. So I decided to knit her up a little cozy to keep that beautiful neck of hers warm and toasty. I almost knit another version of the cable and bobble cowl I made for myself last spring, but then decided that I wanted to try a new pattern (even though I LOVE the cable and bobble cowl and wear it all the time). I came across this pattern, Tudora, and thought it looked perfect.

It knit up pretty quickly (literally took me about a week) and was fun to do. I was quite happy to find the perfect vintage button in my stash. In fact, when I finally tried it on to take the photos, I decided that I may just need one for myself. Especially in this super soft malabrigo.

--------------------------------
Pattern: Tudora by Cheryl Marling (from Knitty)
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted

Needles: size 6

Modifications: none.

{on ravelry, here}

3 comments:

  1. that is such a wonderful idea - for anyone! back in 4th grade, we were taught how to knit and crochet - but i never had the patience for it. i admire all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. That button is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete