02 November 2010

it's still tank top weather



Okay, so not quite.  But if you throw on a nice long sleeved shirt underneath, tank tops are totally still in season.  I finished this baby back in August, just in time for our road trip!  I really really really love it.  I fell in love with this pattern on ravelry as soon as it came out and luckily my mom had the issue of Interweave Knits where the pattern was published.  I had initially intended to use a different color of this yarn, I had my eye on the beetroot, but when I saw it in the store it was really more of a brown color than a beet red.  So I stuck with the natural color that the tank is shown in on the pattern.  

I noticed some folks on ravelry were wearing this as a tank top with nothing underneath, but that's just not my style.  So even in the summer, I was wearing this piece over a t-shirt, and the weight of this yarn made it not too hot even over another layer.  All in all, this sweater was a breeze- I got a bit confused in the aran yoke section, but that was all me and once you get to the body, it's just stockinette in the round all the way down.  This whole piece only took me a little more than a month.  Definitely another winner!

------------------------------------
Pattern: Aran Camisole by Caroline Bautista (from Interweave Spring 2010, errata here)
Yarn: Naturlin by Berroco
Needles: Size 7 and Size 4
Modifications: I did have to make a few modifications to this pattern.  First, the armholes here are huge!  I ended up seaming partway up (almost four inches), but I wish I had realized this earlier and joined the lower body pieces almost immediately after joining the fronts.  The other thing is that once I completed the whole piece, I really felt that it was too long and I ended up knitting only 8" until the purl round for the hem fold, as opposed to the recommended 10.5".  

{on ravelry, here}

1 comment:

  1. So far, I have only knit scarves. I would love to learn to knit some fun socks or maybe a toque. Sweaters seem just way too complicated.

    These are lovely.

    ReplyDelete