28 July 2011

future pickles

first cuke harvest!

future cuke harvests!

i'm sorry cucumber lovers, but to me that's basically what these are.  not that i dislike cucumbers (i'd better not with the crop i've got coming my way soon!) but what i really love is a good sour pickle.  i cannot wait to make a couple of batches of these spicy polish dills.  this was my first cucumber harvest, and judging from how my 9(!) plants are taking over the garden, and the hundreds of blooms on them, i think it's safe to say that this year, i'll be growing all my own pickles!  this was one of my goals and i am so psyched it's gonna happen.  (fyi: these are the double yield cucumbers from seed savers.  i tried growing this same variety, from the same seed packet, last year with no luck.  just goes to show that you should never give up!)

in the meantime, do you folks out there have any other pickle or cucumber recipes?  i'd love to try something new this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment