14 June 2007

Oink!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was working on a special order for my aunt's middle school drama class. Although the actual project wasn't that exciting - just the same aprons that I'd been making like crazy - it was really fun to work on something with such a specific purpose. It was really fun to go to the fabric store and pick out fabric with something very specific in mind- to look for the the colors and patterns that would fit what I needed, since usually I just go after whatever fabric catches my eye and figure that I'll come up with a use for it later on.

In any case, here are a couple of photos from the plays (adapted by my aunt from the books: Where's the Big Bad Wolf? and Oink!).


In case you couldn't tell (don't feel bad) the animals above are (from left to right) a duck, two hens, and a rabbit.

Clearly (I hope) these are pigs.

My aunt is retiring at the end of this year, after many amazing years of teaching and influencing kids' lives, and I think these performances were either her last ones, or among the last. So I dedicate this post to you, Aunt Lennie, congratulations! I hope that you find true happiness and fulfillment in your new stage of life.

1 comment:

  1. They're all adorable. Best of luck to your aunt :)

    ReplyDelete