22 October 2007

More craftiness action

Alright then. I hope you all had lovely weekends. Mine was very relaxed, a nice breakfast at a delicious Cuban restaurant, picking out pumpkins at the farmer's market, and a lot of sewing. I'm feeling this burst of crafty energy here and I'm trying to ride it as much as possible while it's here. I'm officially signed up for two holiday craft shows, and I'm really trying to get a head start and avoid pulling all nighters the week before.


So here's a peek at some of the products I finished over the weekend. Unfortunately (for you all) these are headed to an amazing little store here in Minneapolis- i like you. Any of you who are local, should definitely check it out. They have a wonderful selection of locally produced handmade goods. But there will be some going up in the shop hopefully by next week, so I'll be sure to let you know when that happens.


The other thing I finally accomplished on Friday (it's been on my to do list for months now) was to make up these fabric labels for all of my products.


I finally ordered the printable fabric (I used Crafter's Image Cotton Poplin Photofabric) back in early September and ever since then I've been hemming and hawing over a design. Well, after all that, I decided to just go with "minecreations" (yeah, I know, really worth all that thought!). It's simple, people can google me if they want, and it still leaves me the option of (someday) creating a "minecreations.com" splash page where people can access my etsy shop, the blog, flickr page, etc. all in one place. I'm not sure how it will hold up against a washing machine and all that, but how often will people put their zippy pouches in the wash? I guess I'll just have to figure that one out as I go. But, this was quite a simple process. Just print, dry, rinse, iron, cut, sew, and voila!


This is just the beginning of my weekend accomplishments. What have you been working on lately? I'd love to know.

1 comment:

  1. What those little bags are awesome! Hope you sell lots. And I love your tags! I've been meaning to make some for my little creatures but have been quite slack about it.

    ReplyDelete