18 November 2007

I almost forgot

Some of you more recent readers may not even know this, but when I first started sewing and selling my crafts, I was pretty much just making cards. I know, you wouldn't think that if you just showed up here recently. I have barely made any cards over the last year. I went on a little bit of a bender last December before the holidays, and got a bit burnt out for a while. I wasn't really looking forward to making cards again this winter, but I "knew" that I had to for the holidays. In fact, I almost just didn't make any because I really didn't want to and I don't want to go down the road of making things that I don't enjoy just because they sell well. To motivate myself, I even promised Jared that I wouldn't make myself any more clothing until after I made a good amount of cards.

I finally sat down on Thursday night with the paper cutter and I am so glad that I did. As soon as I sat down, I got so inspired, and just kept going, staying up way past my bedtime (which is pretty darn early, so I wasn't up that late, but still) cutting paper and snipping up little fabric scraps and sewing away. I was even enjoying making envelopes (which I almost never have enjoyed)! I really forgot how much I love making these little designs and playing with the different fabric patterns and colors. Cards are just like have lots of little tiny canvases for images. I just love when that happens- getting inspired when you least expect it.

So, without further ado, there will be a shop update. I will be posting these new cards, along with some zippy pouches, coasters, and new knit hats (hopefully) by the end of the day tomorrow. There will also be some half-price cards that are left over from last year's holiday designs, so be sure to check those out as well.

Hanukkah is early this year- so be sure to get these dreidel cards in time!

These little house cards were totally inspired by this, these, and this, and I'm loving them. I just love all these little houses out there this season.

I will be drawing the winner of my 100th post giveaway tomorrow, so be sure to check back here to see if you're the winner!

(oh yeah, and now that I made so many cards, I was back on the clothing train today. more on that later this week)

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. I have to confess it's nice to see a crafty person *not* gushing over that Big December Holiday. I love your Chanukah cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little fish cards you made for my mom. Your tree cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am pretty much done making cards too, even gave a LOT of my stuff away. BUT having seen your new cards- maybe I have it in me to make holiday cards one more year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, makes we want to pull out all my card making supplies and have at it.

    ReplyDelete