19 April 2010

Knitting Re-cap

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for all your awesome comments about the wardrobe challenge.  I can't wait to get started!! And I'm excited to see what you all come up with, be sure to let me know what you're making, I'd love to get some inspiration!  (Angela's already gotten started on her challenge- nice work girl!)  This weekend I started pairing fabrics with patterns and making piles so I can get going as soon as I have some time (hopefully this week)

Even though I haven't been sewing much these past few months, I have been knitting.  A lot.  I'm just about done with an awesome summer sweater that I can't wait to wear.  In the meantime, here are a couple of little gifts I've finished in the last few months.

This first project was for a trade with Claire (she sent me an amazing tea cosy).  She wanted a hat like Jared's for her beau but I wanted to make something new.  I picked out this pattern and was really excited that we both liked it, until I realized that it required reading a chart- something I am generally not a fan of.  It turned out to be way easier than I thought and I love how the finished hat looks.  

Pattern: Ranger Hat, by Anni Laine (available on Ravelry, here)
Needles: Size 6 & 7 circular
Modification: This pattern was written for fingering weight yarn.  For worsted weight, I cast on 112 sts and did 20 rows ribbing.  I only did the pattern repeat once.  For the decrease, I followed these instructions on Ravelry to make it looks like a continuation of the pattern. 

{on ravelry, here



These fingerless mitts/armwarmers (what are they, anyways?!) were a birthday gift for one of my closest friends.  She had requested a pair a little while ago, and I was excited to use this yarn I picked up at No-Coast back in December.  I actually still have about half the skein leftover, so I may be making a pair of these for me sometime in the near future...

Pattern: Sleekit Mitts, by Star Rabinowitz (available on ravelry, here)
Needles: Size 2 dpn
Modifications: I cast on 44 sts instead of 55

{on ravelry, here}

ps: for those of you reading this is in a reader- I finally got a spring banner up there.  Only a month late, no big deal, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment