22 September 2008

hello, fall. i do love you.


Today is the day I've been waiting for. That's right, I love fall. I've always been a fall girl. The coolness, the sweaters, the boots, the hats, the colors, the baking, the applesauce, that amazing light, and, um, my birthday...but that comes later. Yes, we have officially entered my favorite season, and I couldn't be happier. I rung in the season this weekend with a beautiful wedding of close friends, and a last-minute visit from and old friend and his wife traveling around the US from Brazil (see more about their documentary that they're screening here). It was utterly lovely and my head is still spinning. That might have something to do with all of the Spanish, Portuguese and translation to English that has gone on these past few days, but I like to think it's because it was just such a beautiful few days.

In any case, I believe it's time for my fall manifesto. I didn't do the best of jobs at my summer manifesto, but I'm not too hung up about it. This summer didn't exactly pan out as I had planned, which makes me even more excited about the next few months. So here goes, some things I'm hoping to fill my days with over the next few months...

:: knit something, anything. it's been way too long.

:: finish a book. needless to say, i didn't get through any three books this summer, so i'm lowering my standards a bit.

:: go on at least one day or weekend trip with my honey (and no, my grandpa's 85th birthday party doesn't count).

:: take more walks, especially photo walks.

:: get busy with a couple of new crafty projects i've got brewing...

:: continue my two week streak of weekly meal planning (i know, i'm already on a roll!).

:: hunt down and try out the few photobooths in this town.

:: spend more time with friends, just hanging out.

Alright friends, I think this should do it. Also, Hannah is having an impromptu polaroid week, so you can find me there. Happy fall my friends.

ps: i know with all this fall talk, that banner needs a little refreshing. this week, i promise.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a fall girl but our heaters are not working yet so I walk in my loft with a scarf and a blanket all the time...even the pets are cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy fall julia! your fall manifesto sounds wonderful... very inspiring! we share some of the same goals :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete